Wowsers! I was tagged 3 times in 2 days! :) Of course, I've got to participate so keep reading if you want to find out some info about me. Warning. This will be long.
First, here are the rules:
12 Facts About Me
I even have a "to be filed" folder on my desktop.
12. How did your husband propose? At a local park at sunset. Well almost. Traffic messed up his sunset plans a little.
1. Who's your favorite author? I don't have a true favorite.
2. What's your favorite TV show? Can I name more than 1? I love Grey's Anatomy and Biggest Loser. Alias is my all time favorite show of all time though...but it has been off the air for a while.
3. Do you watch real time TV or do you Tivo? real time
4. Do you exercise? Where? When? How long? I have a gym membership...does that count? I used to be really good about going but I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon here lately....
5. What's your favorite thing to do on vacation? relax!
6. Are you a coffee a holic? nope but I do enjoy a Starbucks every now and again
7. What's your favorite time of day? evening time when I can get caught up on my e-mail, blog reading, etc.
8. Do you have a favorite Bible Verse that get's you through the rough spots? Share? Isaiah 40:31
9. Are you a real book holder...or a Kindle holder? real book holder (but I do own a Nook Color)
10. Want to come join me in my adventures in crewing as my husband runs across america?? hmmmm....maybe next time?
11. Do you have stability balls in your school? I have several but they are not in the room at this very moment.
12. Do you use guided reading groups, daily five, or something altogether different? I use guided reading groups and literacy stations. I kind of use what I like from different sources (some daily 5 but I do not stick to the whole thing).
1. How many years have you been teaching? 6
2. If a student was going to get you a gift card to somewhere, where would you want it to be from? Target!
3. What is the best $1 item that you have bought for your classroom? baskets for my book area and organizing
4. What is your ideal class size? 16-18
5. What is one thing you would like your co-workers to say about you? That I am making a difference. :)
6. What is one thing you would like your students to say about you? That I inspire them.
7. What is the best lesson you have ever taught? I seriously can not think of any lesson other than the sedimentary rock lesson I taught last.
8. What is the worst lesson you have ever taught? hmmm....again.....it is getting late and I can't think of anything other than that rock lesson!
9. What grade do you teach? 2nd currently
10. What is your favorite way to spend your summer? relaxing at the beach and mentally preparing for the next school year
11. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be? a housewife!
12. If you could be a teenager in any time period, when would it be? I think it would be cool to have been a teen in the 1970's.
This is super long already so how about you just pick a set of questions to answer from above.
And ready, set, tag. You're it:
That is not 12 but I am fading fast. Thanks for hanging in there with me! Thanks to those wonderful ladies for including me on the game! :)